Today I updated my Open-Xchange instance to the newest version 7.8.3-5. The upgrade worked as normal, except that I had some update-conflicts in the config files, as I adjusted some values in them – but hey, this is unfortunately normal for Open-Xchange. But after the update, I could not log into Open-Xchange because of a “temporary error on the server” (LGI-0003).
Reading so much about malware, security issues in software, hackers and the NSA affairs, I am also aware that is crucial to secure any digital device and protect your own data. Encryption of connections between client and server is an essential part of this. Of course, it may be hard to achieve perfect security, but often security issues are founded in a lack of knowledge or because someone doesn’t have the time to do things right.